Baltimore City Courthouse
( Kenneth K. Lam, Baltimore Sun / April 19, 2012 )
History: In 1894, a design competition was held for the new courthouse. 79 architectural firms entered the competition. Baltimore firm Wyatt and Nolting's Greek revival-style courthouse was the winning entry. The building was dedicated in 1900. It was renamed the Clarence M. Mitchell, Jr. Courthouse in 1985 after the Baltimore native and NAACP director.