MERRILLVILLE, Ind. (AP) — Funeral services are set on Monday for a family of four who died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning from a gas-powered generator at a northwestern Indiana house.
Authorities believe 41-year-old Micheal Nichols and 38-year-old Kennetha Purnell and their two children died Oct. 12 after moving into the rental house that day before the electricity was turned on.
Angela Davis tells The Times of Munster (http://bit.ly/1a3ZIiF ) her cousin and husband were high school sweethearts in Chicago and moved to northwest Indiana a few years ago while 13-year-old Matthew Nichols and 11-year-old Morgan Nichols attended the Merrillville schools.
Purnell was assistant to Chicago State University's education college dean and her husband was a self-employed carpenter.
The family's funeral will be Monday at Holy Cathedral Church of God and Christ in Harvey, Ill.
Information from: The Times, http://www.thetimesonline.com