What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 (3-pound) center-cut single pork loin, trimmed
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Make a Healthy Breakfast Burrito
What To Do:
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add pork and brown on all sides; discard excess liquid.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onions are tender. Stir in chicken broth, wine, tomato, and thyme; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 30 to 35 minutes, or until pork juices run clear. Remove pork to a cutting board.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch; mix until smooth. Add to sauce, stirring until thickened and well combined.
- Slice pork into 1/4-inch slices and place on a serving platter. Pour sauce over slices before serving.
- Marsala wine is readily available, but if you want you could use your favorite type of wine (except sweet) instead.
- Since you won't want to waste a drop of this yummy sauce, serve with mashed potatoes so you get every last bit!
- Want even more tasty pork recipes? Then check out our free eCookbook, Our Best Pork Recipes: 35 Easy Recipes for Pork Chops, Pork Roasts, and More.