We're serving up some good ol' Southern hospitality with our comforting Catfish with Bacon Stuffing recipe that'll give you a genuine taste of the south in every bite.
Cooking Time: 35 min
What You'll Need:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Paprika for sprinkling
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 6 tablespoons butter. Add celery, onion, carrot, garlic, salt, and pepper and saute 5 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Remove from heat and stir in bread crumbs and bacon.
- Evenly spoon mixture onto fish fillets, roll up jelly roll-style, and place seam side down in prepared baking dish. Brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.
- There are so many ways to prepare catfish! For more recipes and ideas, click here!
- Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Fish/Catfish-with-Bacon-Stuffing#wjP9CIFegH8exL96.99