Homemade gravy for the holidays is a must! And our easy holiday recipe for Classic Pan Gravy, will beat store-bought by a mile. Drizzle this one over your turkey and creamy mashed potatoes with pride.
Makes: 4 cups
Cooking Time: 10 min
What You'll Need:
- Pan drippings from roasted turkey
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 to 4 cups chicken broth
What To Do:
- Remove cooked turkey from roasting pan. Pour pan drippings into a 4-cup measuring cup and skim off 1/2 cup of the fat (the clear oily liquid) that rises to the top.
- Pour the 1/2 cup fat into a saucepan and whisk in flour. Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Skim off and discard any additional fat from the drippings in the measuring cup and add enough chicken broth to make 4 cups of liquid total.
- Pour drippings mixture into saucepan and continue cooking gravy until it boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- To give the gravy a rich color, add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Relishes-Sauces-Seasonings/Classic-Pan-Gravy#loQJxejoR4BzEYTD.99