This is one of our Oktoberfest favorites. Serve our Mustardy Cabbage along side some brats, or any main dish for some authentic German flavor!
Cooking Time: 20 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil, bacon, and onion and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and onion starts to brown.
- Add the cabbage, apple, salt, and pepper and continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes, or until cabbage is wilted. Stir in cream and mustard and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Click here to check out all the crazy good Oktoberfest recipes that the Test Kitchen will be cookin' up all week long!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Vegetables/Mustardy-Cabbage#efDoWJt3jOlMMyEQ.99