STILLWELL, Ind. -

An overloaded circuit may have caused electrical wires to overheat, sparking a house fire in LaPorte County.

The owner of the home suffered smoke inhalation Tuesday after she tried to go back inside her burning farmhouse to rescue her pets, according to our partners with the South Bend Tribune.

Pleasant Township Fire Chief Phillip Bluhm said firefighters found 49-year-old Sandra Aguilar lying in her driveway unable to get up.

The blaze happened on South County Road 300 East near the town of Stillwell.

Firefighters were able to save a dog from the blaze, but they were not able to find a missing pet cat.

Aguilar was taken to IU Health LaPorte Hospital where her condition was unknown.

Bluhm said the family had been using a space heater after running out of propane that fueled the furnace.

The house was destroyed.

The South Bend Tribune story: http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/local/stillwell-house-fire-leaves-woman-hospitalized/article_c5986496-aa3f-11e3-a208-0017a43b2370.html