Suspected Johns Named in Zumba Sex Scandal
Authorities: Clients paid fitness instructor for sex at her studio in Kennebunk, Maine.
Alexis Wright, 29, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to 106 counts related to alleged prostitution at her fitness studio. (WOSH / March 29, 2013)
But the Press Herald newspaper of Portland reported that the findings included videotapes of Wright having sex with numerous men, a ledger containing prices for various sex acts and detailed customer records.
A grand jury indicted Wright on 106 counts related to the alleged prostitution business, including invasion of privacy charges for allegedly filming some of her sessions, according to court documents.
The grand jury indicted Strong, who is also a private investigator, on 59 counts.
Both have pleaded not guilty.
Neither Wright -- whose studio is now closed, according to its website -- nor her attorney, Sarah Churchill, returned calls from CNN. The York County district attorney's office declined to comment.
Police are also issuing summonses for the men on Wright's list, accusing them of engaging in prostitution, a misdemeanor charge.
Two men on the list argued the names shouldn't be made public because doing so would cause "irreparable harm" to their reputations, their families and their businesses, according to court documents.
They deserved to be shielded under state victims' rights laws and the state constitution, their attorney argued.
On Monday, Superior Court Justice Thomas D. Warren disagreed, ruling that the names of people accused of crimes have to be available to the public.
"The principle that court proceedings are public is essential to public confidence.
If persons charged with crimes could withhold their identities, the public would not be able to monitor proceedings to observe whether justice has been done and to observe whether certain defendants may have received favored treatment," Warren wrote in his decision.
But Warren ruled that some of them men, those who had been filmed during sex acts, could also be victims of a crime -- invasion of privacy -- and deserve to have their addresses shielded from the public.
That's angered some, who say it's leading to confusion.
One man told CNN affiliate WSCH TV that his name appears on the list. But he says it's not him.
"When I first saw my name on the computer I laughed," said the man, who CNN has chosen not to name. "And then as I got up I'm thinking, 'All my years in law enforcement, all my years, activities with children, coaching baseball, the young men that I know who are now dads today and responsible citizens, this is very misleading and I don't think it's fair.' And then I became upset, to say the least I was very upset."
While the prostitution ring has been shut down and Wright's studio is closed and back on the rental market, the case is far from over for little Kennebunk.
Strong's lawyer, Dan Lilley, says the list of Wright's alleged johns runs 150 names long. All will eventually be made public.
Among them, according to Lilley: lawyers, accountants and a local TV personality.