LUDINGTON, Mich. (AP) — Authorities have released the name of a hunter who apparently was asphyxiated by fumes from a propane heater he was using to heat his van in West Michigan.
The Mason County sheriff's department says 54-year-old Richard DeBoer of Zeeland was found dead Thursday morning, the first day of firearm deer hunting season in Michigan.
Meanwhile, in Oceana County, MLive.com reports sheriff's officials searched the woods starting Thursday night for a hunter in his late 40s who was reported missing. Authorities say the hunter's companions reported he had not returned to their camp after last being seen Thursday afternoon.
The hunting season runs through Nov. 30.