By Don Wagner firstname.lastname@example.org
9:00 AM EST, December 2, 2012
BASS LAKE – Investigators are trying to figure out what sparked an early Sunday morning fire that destroyed a popular Starke County watering hole.
Around 4:30 a.m., firefighters from 5 departments were called to the Sand Bar in Bass Lake.
WSBT spoke with Fred Sumpter of the Indiana Fire Marshal's office, who said it's too early to say what may have caused the blaze.
The roof caved in, and the inside of the bar is gutted.
Bass Lake/Cleveland Township Fire Chief Les Jensen said no one was in the building at the time of the fire, and nobody was hurt.
Here is the most recent post on the Sandbar's Facebook page early Saturday morning:
Another Packed house last night at the Sandbar... Tonight is the Amazing VINYLIZED band that rocked the place on Bass Lake Fest Friday :)
Copyright © 2013, WSBT-TV