MUNCIE, Ind. (AP) — Firefighters say at least eight cats died in a house fire on the south side of Muncie.
Muncie Fire Department Capt. Brett Granger tells The Star Press the 80-year-old woman who owned the home wasn't injured in the fire about 9 a.m. Saturday. Two cats and one dog also survived.
Granger says he believes the fire was started by an electric space heater in the home's living room. He says there was significant smoke damage to the home.
Information from: The Star Press, http://www.thestarpress.com