HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — Eight pets have died at a Macomb County mobile home in a fire that may have been caused by lamps used to grow medical marijuana.
Harrison Township fire battalion chief Kevin Seehase says the lamps use a lot of power. Christine Bartoli says the home began filling with smoke around 9:15 a.m. Sunday. She and companion Edward Hanmer escaped without taking anything with them.
The floor of the mobile home collapsed as firefighters worked the scene. The home was declared a total loss.
Information from: The Macomb Daily, http://www.macombdaily.com