MUNCIE, Ind. (AP) — Muncie authorities say an electric space heater probably caused a house fire that killed at least eight cats.
Eighty-year-old resident Joan Needler, two other cats and a dog have survived Saturday's fire.
Muncie Fire Department Capt. Brett Granger tells The Star Press that his firefighters found at least eight dead cats in the house.
Granger says the fire started in the living room and says a space heater appears to have been the cause.
He says the blaze did heavy smoke damage through the house.
Information from: The Star Press, http://www.thestarpress.com