Noblesville, Ind.—The four Carmel teenagers charged with attacking three classmates are out of jail after spending nearly 12 hours being processed.
They walked out with their heads up and their mouths shut. Fox59 News was told they were instructed by their lawyers that this would not be the time to speak to the news media.
Oscar Falodun, Scott Laskowski, Robert Kitzinger, and Brandon Hoge face battery and criminal recklessnes charges. All four are charged with what amounts to hazing gone too far.
Fox59 News did confirm Tuesday the student who was reportedly hazed during the January 22nd bus ride was also, according to prosecutors, singled out and hazed in a locker room incident at Carmel High School earlier in the month.
Each of these men have their own defense attorneys and the ones we spoke with say they don't plan to comment amount the case until they have at least seen the evidence that is a part of discovery which the Hamilton County prosecutor is now required to send the attorneys.
Since her Monday afternoon press conference, Hamilton County Prosecutor Sonia Leerkamp has told Fox59 News the facts of the case, which she will not speak about publicly (quote) "rank up there with some of the worst bullying or hazing I have ever seen."
The four suspects in this case are due to make their initial appearance in court on May 28th. It's possible they could waive that procedure. Legal experts said it's likely the teens will work out a plan to enter the Hamilton County Diversion Program. It's a program where offenders admit guilt, pay a fine and do community service to get their records wiped clean.