The Boston Bruins won the Stanley Cup after a 4-0 win in Game 7 in Vancouver. It's their first Stanley Cup since 1972.
Here's a brief profile of 2011 Stanley Cup Most Valuable Player, Boston goaltender Tim Thomas.
* The NHL's MVP award began in 1965 and the recipient is awarded the Conn Smyth Trophy.
* Thomas, now 37, was a late bloomer. He played several years in the minor leagues and Finland before finally make his NHL debut, for the Boston Bruins, at age 28.
* It was not until his third season that he established himself as the Bruins number one goaltender.
* In 2008, he played in the All Star game for the first time.
* In 2009, he won the Vezina Trophy as the best goaltender in the NHL and made his second appearance for the All Stars.
* During the current season, he set records for the highest save percentage during the regular season and the most saves in the playoffs.