Say what? Top 50 Miami Dolphins quotes of all time
No South Florida franchise has more history than the Miami Dolphins, and with that history comes a lot of memorable quotes. Sun-Sentinel columnist Dave Hyde counts down his Top 50 sound bites in Fins history.
10. "We all figured we had it made -- that these tall, beautiful women were going home with us. Then, all of a sudden, one of the fellows stood up, pointed at one of them and yelled, 'She's got a Johnson!' After that, we pretty much tore the place up. The cops were called, and it was a big incident. Apparently the club had signed up a bunch of female impersonators to work the room, but hey, it was 1972. None of us knew what a drag queen was." - Larry Csonka on a party in New Orleans in the days before Super Bowl VI
H. Wayne Huizenga in hoping he picked right with Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller in 2007
8. "Go at the rookie!" - Bernie Kosar from the sideline into the helmet headset of Dan Marino, telling him to throw the infamous "Clock Play" at New York Jets rookie Aaron Glenn
7. "Well, then I guess I have to say it: I'm not going to be the Alabama coach." - Nick Saban a few weeks before taking the Alabama job after the 2006 season
6. "The next time I see a doctor, it better be for an autopsy." - A.J. Duhe in 1984 after his fifth operation in 18 months
5. "You've got something special here.'' - Bob Kuechenberg to Don Shula at the first practice of Dan Marino in 1983
4. "We lose this game, I'm going to kill you!" - Nick Buoniconti on the sideline to Garo Yepremian in Super Bowl 7 after the kicker threw a botched field goal attempt into the hands of Washington's Mike Bass, who returned it for a touchdown.
3. "Now when I go to the bathroom I find out who my friends are." - Jake Scott after both broken hands were in casts following the 1972 season
2. "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s---. Name me a great player we have besides Danny. You can't. We were No. 2 in the passing game. No. 2 in the passing game! How did we do it? With our players, you tell me, how did we do it? We have to throw. We couldn't run. And do we have a great running back? No. '' - offensive coordinator Gary Stevens after losing in the 1997 playoffs
1. "I think about 40 people." - Don Shula when asked after a second-straight Super Bowl in 1974 who had written "Best Ever" on the blackboard in the locker room