Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) of Wichita helped make the lives of children in the Wichita area a little better on August 30. They donated over $62,000 in grants to Kansas non-profits that are dedicated to improving the lives of children. All the funds that were donated come from both fundraising efforts of local McDonald's restaurants and matching grant funds from Ronald McDonald House Charities corporate office.
"Grants to these organizations extend the reach and impact of Ronald McDonald House Charities Wichita," explains Susan Smythe, RMHC Wichita's CEO/Executive Director. "This year over 25,000 additional children will be served."
The following non-profits were awarded grants from Ronald McDonald House Charities Wichita:
- Assistance League of Wichita
- Inter-Faith Ministries
- GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc.
- Child Advocacy Center of Sedgwick County Kansas, Inc.
- United Methodist Youthville, Inc.
- CASA of Sedgwick County (Roots & Wings, Inc.)
- Downtown Day Care Center, Inc.
- CASA: A Voice for Children
- Health Ministries of Harvey County
- Kansas Learning Center for Health
- Kansas Big Brothers Big Sisters of Sumner County
- Sternberg Museum Foundation
- Sunlight Children's Advocacy and Rights
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Butler County
- Arrowhead West, Inc.
- McPherson Family Life Center, Inc.