Tuesday, September 6
Trends: Ladylike, red
Retailer: L.K.Bennett, Karen Millen
Ladylike looks as seen in The Help or shows like Mad Men are in full swing this fall. Hem lines are longer while necklines are clean and more modest. For those looking to try the bold red trend, but are not ready for a head to toe look, try adding a pop of red with your accessories (shoes, handbags, even your lips)
Genevra Patent Belt black
Patent Pump - red
WOMEN'S LOOK 2: Weekend
Trends: Bright colors, polka dot, loafers
Retailers: Karen Millen, Bloomingdale's, DNA 2050, L.K.Bennett
- Brightly colored pants will continue to be popular this fall - try this trend in bright jewel tones, such as this royal blue pair from JBrand, in styles ranging from skinny to wide leg.
- This fall marks the return of polka dots - this great find from Aqua can be dressed down like we did here with a pair of skinny pants or dressed up for work with a pair of wide leg trousers or a classic pencil skirt.
- We still love black ballet flats, but this year try one of fall's hot new trends loafers. Whether flat (like this pair) or with a chunky heel, this is a must-have shoe for this season
Posh Cotton Coat - Stone
AQUA Polka Dot Printed Blouse
JBrand Skinny Twill Pant Royal Blue
Aldwych Shoe - Black
WOMEN'S LOOK 3: Night Out on the Town
Trends: Phlox, beads
Retailer: Karen Millen, L.K.Bennett, space519
- Phlox (deep purple) is one of Pantone's Fall 2011 colors this jewel tone will look great on any skin tone and is a great color if you're looking to make a statement!
- We paired the sheath dress with a classic black strappy shoe, but gave the outfit an unexpected twist with the beaded animal print clutch.
Folded Stretch Shift Dress - Purple
Cheyenne - Black
Monya Beaded Clutch
MEN'S LOOK 1: Business to casual
Trends: Layering textures, pop of color
Retailer: Mark Shale
- Fall is all about layers to spice up your fall looks, try adding different textures like we did here with cashmere, corduroy and wool.
- This look is perfect for men whether they are at the office or at happy hour after work.
- Every man needs a brief case whether it's top of the line or an affordable find a briefcase is always in style.
Corduroy Blazer - Navy
Forsyth of Canada
Button Down White
Cashmere Sweater Cranberry
Marc New York
Brief Case - $195
MEN'S LOOK 2: Weekend
Trends: Cuffed pant, bright pop of color, plaid leather
Retailer: Bloomingdale's, Mark Shale
- A plaid button down is the perfect solution for men looking to infuse color into their wardrobe. If they want to take it a step further, they can add a pop of color under the button down as well (as we did here with the purple v-neck).
- For men ready to swap out jeans for something new, try a cuffed classic chino another casual alternative.
- Leather is a staple for fall - here's a great bomber style jacket that is versatile and offers a refined touch to this casual weekend look.
Hugo Boss Orange
Bomber Jacket -Slate
V-Neck T-Shirt Purple
Plaid Woven Button Down Purple
Chukka Ox Slate