An Indianapolis doctor accused of inappropriately touching patients has learned his sentence.
A judge sentenced Segun Rasaki to 545 days. According to the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office, the sentence included 120 days executed at the Department of Correction. The rest will be split between home detention and probation.
In September, he was found guilty of sexual battery and battery. The Medical Licensing Board also stripped him of his medical license.
- Bio | E-mail | Recent columns
- Indianapolis doctor found guilty of inappropriately touching female patients
- Licensing complaint filed against doctor accused of sexually abusing patients
- More women accusing doctor of sexual battery
- Sex Crimes
- Sexual Assault
- Medical Procedures and Tests
See more topics »
At least two patients said Rasaki ordered procedures that weren’t medically necessary. One patient who went in for an ankle injury said Rasaki prescribed Vicodin and ordered a breast exam without looking at her ankle.
Another patient said Rasaki asked if she had “anybody to call when you need sex?” On another occasion, the patient said Rasaki touched her genitals without explaining why.
The incidents first began in 2010.