Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 2:02 PM CST on March 2, 2015/, expires at: 1:00 PM EST on March 03, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 6 am EST /5 am CST/ to 1 PM EST /noon CST/ Tuesday... The National Weather Service in northern Indiana has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for freezing rain and sleet...which is in effect from 6 am EST /5 am CST/ to 1 PM EST /noon CST/ Tuesday. Hazardous weather...
- freezing rain spreads from southwest /6 am EST/ to northeast /9 am EST/.
- The precipitation will start as a mixture of sleet...freezing rain and snow.
- Expect 1 to 2 hours of freezing rain before changing to all rain. Rain will overspread the area by or before 1 PM EST. Impacts...
- sheltered roads...overpasses and intersections will be icy and dangerous.
- Sidewalks and driveways will be icy and dangerous.
- Morning commute will be affected. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet...or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for dangerous driving conditions and limited visibility...and use extra caution while driving.