Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 10:35 am CST on February 9, 2016/, expires at: 10:00 AM EST on February 11, 2016
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 4 PM EST /3 PM CST/ this afternoon to 10 am EST /9 am CST/ Thursday... Hazardous weather...
- lake effect snow showers will increase in coverage and intensity by late afternoon and persist into Thursday morning.
- Heaviest snowfall is expected late tonight into Wednesday afternoon. Snowfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour in the strongest snowbands with sudden reduction in visibilities to near zero at times.
- Blowing and minor drifting of snow is expected tonight and Wednesday.
- Wind chill temperatures will range from 5 below to 5 above zero tonight through Thursday morning.
- Multiple day snow accumulations will be highly variable. Highest amounts will be in Berrien and Cass counties in Michigan... and northeast LaPorte and northern Saint Joseph counties in Indiana with 6 to 12 inches expected by late Thursday morning. Impacts...
- roads will be snow covered, slick and hazardous for a long duration. In addition, low visibilities in lake effect snow bands will result in difficult and dangerous travel within the advisory area. Some major roads that will be impacted include i94, the Indiana toll Road, and routes 31, 20, and 6. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for lake effect snow and blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling...especially in open areas.