Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 2:55 am CST on February 10, 2016/, expires at: 10:00 AM EST on February 11, 2016
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 am EST /9 am CST/ Thursday... Hazardous weather...
- lake effect snow showers will persist into Thursday morning.
- Snowfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour will be possible in the strongest snowbands with sudden reduction in visibilities to near zero at times. The morning commute on Wednesday may be adversely affected by bands of heavier lake effect snow showers and reduced visibilities.
- Blowing and minor drifting of snow is expected tonight and Wednesday.
- Wind chill temperatures will range from 5 below to 5 above zero Thursday morning.
- Additional accumulations in the advisory area will be highly variable given the frequently moving snow bands...ranging from less than an inch to locally as high as 6 inches by late Thursday morning. Highest amounts will be in Berrien and Cass counties in Michigan... and northeast LaPorte and northern Saint Joseph counties in Indiana. Impacts...
- roads will be snow covered... slick and hazardous for a long duration. In addition... low visibilities in lake effect snow bands will result in difficult and dangerous travel within the advisory area. Some major roads that will be impacted include i94... the Indiana toll Road... and routes 31... 20... and 6. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for lake effect snow and blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling...especially in open areas.