Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 2:51 am CST on February 12, 2016/, expires at: 4:00 PM EST on February 13, 2016
- ...Winter Weather Advisory now in effect from 10 am EST /9 am CST/ this morning to 4 PM EST /3 PM CST/ Saturday... Hazardous weather...
- snow showers will develop along an Arctic front later this morning and continue into this afternoon. There may be a lull in the snow mid to late afternoon before heavier lake effect snow develops this evening and continues through Saturday afternoon.
- Increasing northwest winds are expected to cause areas of blowing and drifting snow.
- Total snow accumulations will be highly variable...generally ranging between 3 and 8 inches...with locally higher amounts possible along and north of the Indiana toll Road.
- Wind chills will fall to as low as 5 below to 10 below tonight into Saturday morning. Impacts...
- snow covered slick roads and low visibilities due to falling and blowing snow will result in hazardous driving conditions.
- Frostbite will be possible for anyone who is outside for prolonged periods tonight into Saturday. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling... especially in open areas.