Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 10:17 PM CST on February 11, 2016/, expires at: 3:00 PM CST on February 13, 2016
- ...Winter Weather Advisory now in effect from 9 am EST /8 am CST/ Friday to 4 PM EST /3 PM CST/ Saturday... Hazardous weather...
- snow showers will develop Friday as an Arctic cold front moves through the area. The snow showers will transition to lake effect snow by Friday evening which will continue through Saturday afternoon.
- Increasing winds are expected to cause areas of blowing and drifting snow.
- Total snow accumulations Friday through Saturday are expected to be 4 to 7 inches with locally higher amounts possible.
- Wind chills will fall to as low as 5 below to 10 below. Impacts...
- snow covered slick roads and low visibilities due to falling and blowing snow will result in hazardous driving conditions.
- Frostbite will be possible for anyone who is outside for prolonged periods Friday night and Saturday. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling... especially in open areas.