What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
See a Collection of Classic Appetizers
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, sugar, applesauce, egg, and vanilla. Slowly beat in the cocoa powder and flour. Pour batter into prepared baking dish and top with almonds.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting.
- No need to give up dessert, especially when delicious diabetic-friendly options are available! May we suggest you also try our yummy Cookies 'n' Sandwiches?
- To find even more great-tasting diabetic-friendly recipes, as well as the complete nutritional information for this recipe, click HERE!
Read more at http://www.everydaydiabeticrecipes.com/Brownie-Recipes/Almond-Fudge-Brownies-6564#I3TgIRrxqQtPdQg0.99