What You'll Need:
- 1 (29-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 bell peppers, washed, tops removed, and seeded
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, water, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Remove 1 cup of mixture to a large bowl and add to it ground beef, rice, and onion; mix well.
- Stuff each bell pepper with an equal amount of the meat mixture. Place 2 cups tomato sauce in soup pot and place peppers upright in sauce. Spoon remaining sauce over peppers.
- Cover and cook over low heat 55 to 60 minutes, or until no pink remains in the beef and rice is tender.
Since these are a meal in itself, you might just want to add to dessert! Keep it cool and simple with our Cookies 'n' Cream Parfaits!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Summer-Stuffed-Peppers#2yLim9XP2OHImFCT.99