What You'll Need:
- 8 wooden or metal skewers (Soak wooden skewers 15 to 20 minutes before threading.)
- 2 (1-inch thick) ham slices, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch squares
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch squares
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
Make Sugar-Soy-Marinated Pork Chops
What To Do:
- On each skewer, alternately thread chunks of ham, bell peppers, and pineapple. Place skewers in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well; reserve 1/2 cup of marinade and set aside for serving. Pour remaining marinade over kebabs, cover, and refrigerate 30 minutes, turning once.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill kebabs 10 to 12 minutes, or until heated through, basting with excess marinade, and turning occasionally. Serve with reserved marinade.
A side of our wild rice and you've got a deliciously complete meal!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pork/Tropical-Maui-Kebabs#W3LkYjPkF2E33VBS.99