Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 2:18 PM CST on February 10, 2016/, expires at: 10:00 AM EST on February 11, 2016
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 am EST /9 am CST/ Thursday... Hazardous weather...
- lake effect snow showers will continue into Thursday morning.
- Snowfall rates of a half inch to one inch per hour are expected in the heaviest snow bands with sudden reduction in visibilities to near zero at times. The evening commute will be impacted by the lake effect snow and reduced visibilities.
- Patchy blowing and drifting snow will continue into this evening.
- Wind chills will range from 5 below to 5 above zero.
- Additional accumulations in the advisory area between this afternoon and late Thursday morning are expected to be up to 3 to 5 inches where bands are most persistent. Impacts...
- untreated roads will be snow covered... slick and hazardous. In addition... low visibilities in the lake effect snow bands will result in difficult and dangerous travel. Some major roads that will be impacted include i94... the Indiana toll Road... and routes 31... 20... and 6. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for lake effect snow and blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to bursts of heavy snow and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling.