Baked Stuffed Peppers
10:27 AM EDT, August 17, 2012
Our over-stuffed veggie Baked Stuffed Peppers are a super change-of-pace easy side dish. Colorful red and green bell peppers serve as tasty edible bowls for a stuffing that teams with any main dish.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 red or green bell peppers, split lengthwise and cleaned (see Options)
- 1 tablespoon grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square bakingdish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and saute just until softened. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients except pepper halves and Parmesancheese; mix well.
- Fill peppers evenly with mixture and place in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Add 1/4 cup water to baking dish, cover with foil, and bake 20 minutes. Remove dish from oven and carefully remove foil; return dish to oven and bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until peppers are tender and the filling is heated through. Serve immediately.
- For variety, change up the peppers! Try stuffing your favorite Cubanelle or Serrano peppers and savor the tasty difference!
- Another stuffed veggie dish you might want to try is our Golden Stuffed Mushrooms. Mmm!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Vegetables/Baked-Stuffed-Peppers#kKsWTuSlIbKO3bCb.99
Copyright © 2013, WSBT-TV