This one is like a hearty, warm hug. Yes, our Cheesy Mac and Chicken Soup literally cooks itself in our slow cooker, so that we come home to a creamy, rich bowl of soup that is as comforting as can be.
Cooking Time: 6 hr
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (16-ounce) package pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 (20-ounce) package frozen macaroni and cheese
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine chicken broth, mixed vegetables, cream of chicken soup, and cooked chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 4 hours. Remove cover; add cheese and frozen macaroni and cheese. Cover and cook on LOW setting 2 additional hours or until cheese melts and soup is thoroughly heated.
To keep this recipe really easy, you can use leftover cooked chicken or a rotisserie chicken.
Slow cookers are such a great kitchen helper for our busy lifestyles. Here are a bunch of slow cooker recipes our Test Kitchen loves!