This rich and decadent Chocolate Mousse Cake really looks like it came from a , so you might just have a time of it convincing everyone you made this yourself. But when you tell them how easy it was, they’ll surely want the recipe!
Chilling Time: 6 hr
Cooking Time: 10 min
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups finely crushed chocolate graham crackers
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed graham crackers and butter; mix well. Press into a 9-inch springform pan, covering bottom and sides to form a crust. Chill until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and egg yolks; set aside. In a medium saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Slowly add egg mixture, quickly whisking until well blended. Remove from heat; set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into the slightly cooled chocolate mixture until well blended. Spoon into prepared crust; cover and chill at least 6 hours, or until firm.
To make this extra special, serve each slice topped with some fresh whipped cream and a chocolate-dipped strawberry. Wow!