Grandma Bell's Onion Tart
10:14 AM EST, December 19, 2012
This southern-style sweet onion tart that we call Grandma Bell’s Onion Tart is a tasty go-along for a weeknight meal, or it will do you proud when you have company!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (9-inch) frozen ready-to-bake pie shell, thawed
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake pie shell 8 to 10 minutes, or until light golden; set aside.
- In a medium skillet over high heat, melt butter. Add onions and saute 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and saute 2 to 4 additional minutes, or until tender. Place in pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, dry mustard, salt, and pepper; mix well and pour over onions. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until sides and crust are golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into wedges and serve.
Tarts make such an attractive presentation and they're so tasty, too! We just love cheese tarts and thought you might like to try this Spanish-inspired recipe.
Copyright © 2013, WSBT-TV