Halloween Candy Bars
9:29 AM EDT, October 29, 2012
Finally! A great use for all that leftover Halloween candy! What's more, the kids will love making Halloween Candy Bars as much as they'll love eating them.
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chopped leftover candy bars, divided
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Beat in eggs then gradually blend in flour mixture. Stir in 1 cup chopped candy then spread batter into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chopped candy.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Check out our free Halloween Ecookbook for more fun and tasty holiday recipes!
Copyright © 2013, WSBT-TV