Get out your grass skirts and let the luau begin! These mini slider burgers we cook on our grill will take your taste buds to the tropics in minutes. Better make a bunch, 'cause they disappear fast!
Cooking Time: 5 min
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons pineapple preserves
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices pepper Jack cheese, each cut into 4 quarters
- 1 (12-count) package Hawaiian bread rolls
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, 1/4 cup pineapple preserves, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, remaining 2 tablespoons pineapple preserves, the onion powder, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper; mix well.
- Divide mixture into 12 equal amounts and make 12 patties. Grill patties 4 to 6 minutes, or until desired doneness, turning them over halfway through grilling.
- Place 2 pieces of cheese on each slider about 2 minutes before burgers are finished cooking. When done, place each patty on a toasted sweet roll and top with pineapple mayonnaise sauce.