9:23 AM EST, February 4, 2013
Our Test Kitchen's easy take on this old world classic Polish Hunter's Stew is sure to stick to your ribs on a chilly night. Made in a slow cooker, it can't get any easier than this!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds smoked Polish sausage, diagonally sliced into 1-inch slices
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 (30-ounce) package fresh sauerkraut, with 2 tablespoons liquid reserved
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
What To Do:
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, place all ingredients, including 2 tablespoons reserved sauerkraut liquid, layering in order listed.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 6 to 7 hours.
We'd like to suggest that you top off this hearty meal with our easy and delicious babka...Mmmm!
Copyright © 2013, WSBT-TV