Jalapeno Cheese Bites
9:24 AM EST, January 9, 2013
Who would guess that beer is the secret ingredient to making our Jalapeno Cheese Bites and you, the toast of the town! These change of pace spicy bite-sized appetizers are sure to wake up sleepy taste buds!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup reduced-fat all-purpose baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped mild jalapeno peppers (from a 12-ounce jar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup light beer
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the beer; mix well. Stir in beer and let sit 5 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes, or until golden. Serve hot.
- These bites are perfect for company, so why not make up a batch or two ahead of time so you can simply rewarm them in a 200 degree F oven before serving.
- We've got lots of great appetizers on our website, so check it out! One of our all-time favorites is Almond Crusted Brie.
Copyright © 2013, WSBT-TV