Joe's Stone Crab Restaurant in Miami Beach, Florida, is a Mr. Food favorite! They shared their signature recipe for easy Lyonnaise Potatoes, and it's perfect for whenever you want to bring a taste of South Beach to your table.
Cooking Time: 35 min
- 6 Idaho potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, coarsely chopped
- Fill a medium saucepan three-quarters full with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add potatoes, and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until fork-tender; drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes into 1/8-inch slices and place in a medium bowl; gently stir in salt and pepper then set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté onions until browned. Add onions to potatoes; mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly in skillet and cook 12 to 14 minutes over medium heat, until potatoes are browned, turning halfway through cooking. Serve immediately.
For more great Mr. Food recipes using Idaho Potatoes: click here
At Joe's Stone Crab restaurant they only use Idaho potatoes in this recipe because they give this recipe the best taste and consistency. Our test kitchen also agrees.