Everyone loves Frenchtoast, so why not take it across the border and put a tasty twist on it? Our Mexican French Toast breaks with tradition for a novel brunch-worthy version of this favorite breakfast treat.
Cooking Time: 20 min
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla until well blended.
- Cut each tortilla into quarters then place in egg mixture. Gently stir to completely coat tortillas. Allow to soak 10 minutes, or until softened.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add 4 tortilla quarters and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden, turning halfway through cooking. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat with remaining butter and tortillas. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.
- Either fresh or thawed frozen strawberries are the perfect topping, along with real maple syrup.
- If you love French toast as much as we do, here are some other delicious recipes to try: Chocolate Banana Baked French Toast and French Toast Souffle will start your day out right! (Although they'd be great any time of day!)
- If you liked this recipe, don't forget to check out our Top 10 Simple French Toast Recipes!