Mushroom Rice Bake
9:16 AM EST, January 29, 2013
Mushroom lovers take heart! Our Test Kitchen went all out to create a hearty, comforting casserole made with a combo of rice, mushrooms and a few basics. Our Mushroom Rice Bake will fit any of your favorite main dishes perfectly!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups long- or whole-grain rice
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Cover and bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Garnish with scallion slices.
- There's so much you can do with rice, even dessert! You're crew is gonna love our Rice Pudding!
Copyright © 2013, WSBT-TV