Cooking Time: 40 min
What You'll Need:
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 2 (14.75-ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, let cool, then crumble and set aside.
- Over medium heat, cook onion in bacon drippings 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender, stirring constantly. Add potatoes and water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 18 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Stir remaining ingredients into potato mixture; cook until thoroughly heated, stirring often. Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with bacon, and serve immediately.
We like to serve this with a side of our homemade cornbread