Our Favorite Meat Loaf is sure to be your favorite meat loaf, too. This classic comfort recipe will take your tastebuds down meat loaf memory lane. Don't forget to serve it up with some creamy mashed potatoes!
Cooking Time: 1 hr
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 slices white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons ketchup (see Options)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except ketchup; mix well. Press mixture evenly into a 9" x 5" loafpan; spread ketchup over top.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear. Remove from oven, drain, and allow to sit 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- If you prefer to do without the ketchup, that’s okay. You could use spaghettisauce or just leave the top plain. We like to serve this with lots of gravy. Mmmm...
- What's more comforting with our homemade meat loaf than homemade mashed potatoes? Try our Rainbow Mashed Potatoes plain or colored with bright vegetables.