Roasted Acorn Squash
8:58 AM EDT, October 23, 2012
Roasted Acorn Squash drizzled with sweet maple syrup is the perfect autumn side dish. Enjoy our other savory squash recipes to take advantage of the tasty and healthy benefits of different types of winter squash.
What You'll Need:
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 acorn squash, tops cut off, cut in half, seeds removed, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add squash to oil mixture; toss to coat.
- Place on rimmed baking sheets and bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until tender. Drizzle with maple syrup and serve.
If you're hungry for more flavor-packed squash dishes, try our easy recipes for Fruited Acorn Squash and Spaghetti Squash!
Copyright © 2013, WSBT-TV