Our easy version of Steak Provencal is inspired by a classic recipe from Provence, France. This fresh-tasting, aromatic beefy stew will add pizzazz to your humdrum weeknight dinner line-up.
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 yellow squash, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (15-ounce) can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh spinach leaves, trimmed
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over high heat. Add the steak, onion, garlic, and pepper. Saute 6 to 8 minutes, or until steak and onions are browned, stirring frequently.
- Add yellow squash, reduce heat to medium, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until squash is tender. Add beans, tomatoes, and basil; mix well. Cook 3 to 4 more minutes, or until heated through.
- Just before serving, stir in spinach and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until spinach wilts.
You might want to grate fresh Parmesan cheese over this right before serving. And, for a complete meal, why not complement this steak with our Rosemary Roasted Potatoes?