9:25 AM EST, November 5, 2012
This hearty south-of-the-border beefy Tamale Casserole made with an easy cornmeal crust is simply out of this world. Teamed with your favorite Tex-Mex go-alongs, its got just the right amount of spice and stick-to-your-ribs comfort!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (6-ounce can) pitted black olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Casseroles/Tamale-Casserole-by-Mr-Food#ppEWPhHdD1Vq3hkp.99
- Recipe adapted from Beyond Delicious: The Ghost Whisperer's Cookbook, by Mary Ann Winkowski and David Powers. If you like to enter to win an autographed copy, click here.
- To watch an in-depth interview with Mary Ann, click here.
Copyright © 2013, WSBT-TV