Just a few southwestern-style seasonings are the start of a marinade that’ll turn ordinary top sirloinsteak into exciting Texas Gold Steak Skewers. Best part? Rain or shine, on a grill pan or out on your grill these’ll cook up just fine.
Chilling Time: 1 hr
Cooking Time: 5 min
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 36 (6-inch) skewers
- In a food processor or blender, combine olive oil, sun-driedtomatoes, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; process until marinade is chunky.
- Thread one piece of steak onto each skewer. Place in a 9- x 13-inch bakingdish and pour marinade over steak; cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and cook steak on skewers 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
- These can also be cooked on the grill.
- Check out our Onion Strings recipe for a delicious go-along!