There's more than one way to get leftovers out of a whole turkey, and our recipe for homemade Turkey Frame will take advantage of every part of our turkey. Think of it as an eco-friendly recipe you'll love.
Cooking Time: 1 hr 40 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 leftover turkey frame
- 12 cups chicken broth
- Leftover pan drippings, if available
- 2 to 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 to 3 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 to 3 cups leftover chunked turkey
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients except the turkey. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, then simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Stir in the turkey, let simmer 10 minutes, then serve.
- You can add some cooked noodles to make this an even heartier soup.
- And if you should be lucky enough to have leftover turkey breast, we really recommend you try our Cranberry Turkey Melts over the holiday weekend!