Two-Step BBQ Chicken
5:29 PM EDT, June 28, 2012
This lip smackin' Two-Step BBQ Chicken goes easily from our oven to our grill for a smoky flavored, moist and juicy way to have perfectly cooked barbecued chicken from the inside-out.
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1 chipotle pepper in sauce, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cookingspray.
- Place chicken on baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Cook 45 to 55 minutes, or until no pink remains.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Brush chicken with barbecuesauce mixture and grill 5 minutes. Turn chicken, brush again with sauce, and grill 5 additional minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear.
Copyright © 2013, WSBT-TV